Hear SA’s CEO Mike Scheurs Highlight the Best of the 2009 Super Bowl Ads with WHO Radio’s Van and Bonnie.
- Sunday night’s telecast of Super Bowl XLIII, in which the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Arizona Cardinals, was watched by 89.2 million viewers from 7-10 p.m. EST.
- 2008’s Super Bowl was the most watched ever, with 97.5 million viewers. It ranked as the second most-watched telecast ever, coming in behind the series finale of “M*A*S*H,” which drew 106 million.
- NBC aired 84 ads during the game.
- Movies were the dominant ad category this year, accounting for seven minutes of ad time.
- Pepsi Co. bought up the most ad time, clocking in at 5:30 for eight total spots.
- Advertisers who registered Web site traffic spikes during the game included GoDaddy.com and Hulu.