On Thursday October 18, the Strategic America public relations team attended the annual OctoPRfest Conference, hosted by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Central Iowa chapter. At the end of the professional development event, the 2018 PRSA PRIME Awards ceremony showcased and recognized the work of Iowa public relations, marketing and communications professionals.
This year, our public relations team took home five different awards for their work with various clients, including:
- PRIME Award for Community Champion on behalf of the Boys and Girls Club of Central Iowa | Club Pathways Campaign
- PRIME Award for a Media Relations Campaign on behalf of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council | Sharing the STEM Story
- PRIME Award for a Public Service Announcement on behalf of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Iowa | “The Path” PSA
- Merit Award for an Integrated Communications Campaign on behalf of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau | Catch What You’ve Been Missing
- Merit Award for an Event/Observance on behalf of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council | STEM Day at the Iowa State Fair
The PRIME Awards are broken down into two entry categories: campaigns and tactics, with nine categories within campaigns and 15 options for tactics. There was outstanding participation in this year’s award program with 75 entry submissions from 18 different organizations across Central Iowa.
The PRSA Central Iowa chapter partners with another PRSA chapter for awards judging each year, and this year, entries submitted were judged by the Tampa Bay chapter in Florida.
For more information on the 2018 PRSA PRIME Awards, visit https://prsaciowa.org/Awards.