DES MOINES, Iowa (Oct. 19, 2012) — Strategic America is proud to be the Presenting Sponsor of the 2012 PRSA Institute featuring an all-star lineup of communication experts.
These experts will discuss how to transform strategic planning into actionable tactics that successfully engage key audiences and make a positive impact on the bottom line.
“Strategic America has long been committed to professional development and to supporting our industry,” says Lore McManus Solo, SA Principal and Vice President, Public Relations. “For several years we’ve brought various thought leaders to Des Moines to share their expertise and we’re glad to sponsor the 2012 PRSA Institute and David Grossman as a speaker to the benefit of our profession.”
There is still time to register for the 2012 PRSA Institute — PRx: Take as Prescribed for Measureable ROI. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Iowa Methodist Medical Center Education & Research Center, 1415 Woodland Ave., Des Moines.
This year’s Institute, hosted by the Central Iowa Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, showcases the following speakers:
- Keynote speaker Barbara Iverson, the president of Weber Shandwick’s Financial Services Industry Practice and architect of the U.S. Treasury’s high-profile Go Direct campaign, will present “The Communications Revolution That’s Ours to Own.”
- Corporate communication and leadership expert David Grossman, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, author of You Can’t NOT Communicate: Proven Solutions That Power the Fortune 100 (now in its second edition), will present“The Business Case for Employee Engagement: Real ROI.” Grossman also has written a follow-up book: You Can’t NOT Communicate 2: More Proven Solutions That Power the Fortune 100.
- Rebecca L. Harris, Ph.D., social media strategist for General Motors, will present “Deepening Connections and Changing Perceptions,” two case studies on how in-depth conversation data enabled GM to discover exactly what customers want, and how a key choice in event sponsorship propelled GM to be seen as leaders in the social media space.
- Shonali Burke, ABC, vice president, Digital, MSL Group of Washington, D.C., presents “Smart Measurement for PR in the Digital Age,” an in-depth look at how measurement has — and hasn’t — changed, and the most practical way to tackle it.
- Eileen Wixted, principal at Wixted and Company, presents “What’s Your Pink Slime: Understanding Risks, Preventing Missteps and Managing a Crisis,” uses real-life examples to teach organizations about potential communication risks and how communicate effectively in a crisis situation.
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the world’s largest and foremost organization for public relations professionals. PRSA’s mission is to strengthen and advance the public relations profession and enhance members’ careers through continuing education programs, information exchange forums, and research projects conducted on the national and local levels. The Central Iowa Chapter of PRSA has a membership made up of more than 160 diverse public relations professionals. For more information, visit www.prsaciowa.org.
Strategic America is a Des Moines-based integrated marketing communications firm that ranks among the 250 largest independent advertising agencies in the United States, according to the recent Advertising Age 2012 Agency Report. Founded in 1980, Strategic America employs 90 communications professionals and represents more than 40 diverse national, regional and local clients, focusing on insurance/financial services, business-to-business, and dealer and consumer marketing.
The agency is a well-regarded member of the 4A’s (American Association of Advertising Agencies), the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and a partner of the WORLDCOM Public Relations Group. Through SA’s partnership in WORLDCOM, it is also a member of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA).