The Strategic Communications internship will provide the opportunity to learn and develop public relations, social media and communications skills at a full-service, integrated marketing level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing, proofing and editing media advisories, news releases, articles, blog posts and more.
- Utilize social media management tools to optimize company or client platforms to increase the visibility of brands’ social content.
- Social media content scheduling, research, auditing and reporting.
- Generate, edit, publish and share digital content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Using media relations databases to prepare for media outreach, building editorial calendars, monitoring media coverage; preparing PR reports.
- Researching background information on clients, competitors or industries.
- Participating in PR team meetings, client brainstorm meetings, etc. to collaborate on integrated marketing solutions for clients.
- Attendance from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in public relations, journalism or communications.
- Presentation of a portfolio of work is required. Previous PR internships preferred.
- Strong writing and organizational skills. Proficient use of English punctuation, AP Style, composition and grammar.
- Knowledge of general methods, principles and practices of public relations and social media. General understanding of methods used in the production and dissemination of written materials.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and research skills.
- Ethical conduct, initiative, understanding of best business practices and ability to clearly and accurately communicate, both orally and in writing. Willingness to learn and act on Strategic America’s core values and competencies.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team while also independently undertaking assigned tasks. Must handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to apply. All summer internships are paid hourly. Summer internship schedules will range from 20 to 40 hours per week depending on department capacity and candidate availability. Summer internship positions will begin on May 10, 2021 and will conclude on August 6, 2021.
SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.