SA is looking for an experienced, insightful planner. Someone who has expertise in consumer research and gathering insights that will move the needle for our clients. We need a thinker and a doer, one who is willing to take the time to ask thoughtful questions while also balancing the buzzing day-to-day relationships. We need someone who gets excited about knocking the socks off of potential clients in new business pitches while also striving to ensure all brand communications are filled with on-point strategies. Can you strategically lead a team through planning sessions, creative brief generation, research design, implementation and analysis? If so, let’s chat.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the client’s customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
- Works as a fully integrated member of the client’s designated team in close cooperation with account service to develop briefs that define the business situation, articulate the value proposition of the brand/product/service to create a deep understanding of the target audience.
- Provides leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives.
- Crafts creative briefs and provides clear persuasive briefings to the team.
- Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight gathering process.
- Manages primary/secondary research resources using both qualitative/ethnographic and quantitative methods, providing clear specifications for actionable, relevant research to the team and client.
- Develops accurate and insightful conclusions from research and presents strategy and direction to the client.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Looks for consumer trends, behaviors and attitudes shaping current consumer buying habits.
- Monitor, read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of market and research data sources including trade journals, research reports, white paper etc., to achieve a comprehensive background to inform strategy.
- Lead and participate in strategy development initiatives for existing clients and new business.
- Provide training and guidance for Account Planning utilization by all associates.
- Regularly evaluate planning processes and resources to identify and recommend improvements.
- Ability to read and interpret information from a variety of sources, including trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based on information in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to write clear and concise research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence, summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications.
- Fluent speaker and skilled presenter of research results to clients and fellow associates.
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, communications, culture, people, etc.
- Strong listening skills, fostering an environment of professional commitment and mutual trust.
- Demonstrated success with client relationships, team management and business development.
- Must be a team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience – Minimum of 5 years of agency experience in a related area, including at least two years in account planning required.
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc. – N/A.
Physical – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel – Minimal travel required.