Under the supervision of the Executive Director or PR Account Managers, this associate will function as a member of a both the PR team and integrated client teams to develop and manage integrated marketing campaigns involving traditional and nontraditional strategies. This associate will also serve in a capacity as media relations specialist where they are tasked with building relationships with journalists, staying abreast of new trends, insights and provide recommendations to clients and other SA team members
Duties and Responsibilities
- With minimal assistance, help plan and conduct integrated marketing efforts to inform and persuade targeted audiences.
- Write and edit written communications such as publications, media advisories, news releases, news editorials, annual and special reports, etc. With internal counsel, provide internal/external consultation to clients on the release of information.
- Serve as a project manager for projects involving other departments. Collaborate with creative services or broadcast supervisor with developing production schedules and project timelines for specific projects.
- Develop ongoing media relationships on behalf of client. Develop the strategy and creation of targeted media relations lists, using online database and other sources.
- Assist with consulting and creating media relations strategies. Be able to utilize relationships to help SA and clients gain news coverage or assist with crisis communications.
- Develop and oversee content strategies based on client KPI’s and key objectives.
- Track and monitor client editorial coverage. Prepare PR coverage summaries and client reports.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure delivery of impactful communications elements that exceed client expectations and will lead to successful marketing/PR campaigns.
- Assist in new business development, as assigned, leading in researching, writing and preparing relevant strategy and materials. Actively participate in creative brainstorming on behalf of clients and SA.
- Demonstrate client skills and understanding of account-specific nuances, business etiquette and internal/external expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Three or more years’ experience in public relations field with an emphasis in media relations. Graduation from accredited four-year college or university with major course work in public relations, journalism or communicative arts.
• Strong writing skills (provide writing samples)
• Knowledge of general methods, principles and practices of public relations. General understanding of various methods used in the production and dissemination of written and graphic materials.
• Proven working experience in social media or related field both in organic and paid strategies. Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
• Proficient use of English punctuation, composition and grammar. Strong factual and creative writing skills.
• Ethical conduct, initiative, understanding of best business practices and ability to clearly and accurately communicate, both orally and in writing. Willingness to learn and act on Strategic America’s core values and competencies. Must respond appropriately to supervision/coaching, aligning behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of clients and Strategic America.