The Direct Marketing Specialist will be responsible for direct marketing planning, assisting with industry & competitive research, market analysis and strategy for multiple clients and channels. This individual should be detail oriented, a strong communicator, and well versed in direct marketing. They will have the autonomy to generates and execute direct marketing plans, including direct mail, email and outbound calling, as well as the responsibility to maintain direct mail and email best practices, and execute direct response programs that ultimately drives client KPI’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage direct marketing campaigns including list management, campaign planning and execution, outbound calling campaign planning and management, direct mail strategy, targeting, list ordering, offer, messaging, creative guidance and campaign management and measurement.
- Ability to understand USPS and Canada Post postal changes and guidelines and how they affect the direct marketing activities. Must be analytical, well-organized, flexible, and able to problem solve.
- Provide recommendations and insights on direct marketing creative, leveraging past experience, A/B tests and 3rd party research to optimize creative messaging and design.
- Maintains marketing calendars for direct marketing campaigns.
- High level of responsibility and ownership to execute campaigns and analyze results continually making recommendations for optimization toward KPI’s.
- Oversees all aspects of direct marketing campaigns, including market research, campaign development, automated workflow creation, content & layout recommendations, and results analysis.
- Leverage customer data and profiles to develop segmentation and messaging strategies.
- Developing and/or contributing to the creative brief and guiding the creative process by providing information on the product, audience, and strategy.
- Provides ongoing strategic counsel: recommending actions to improve the value proposition, growth opportunities, operational excellence, and competitive position.
- Develop all direct marketing campaigns and design all tests for all direct mail programs and recommend optimal design and facilitate to reduce cost.
- Analyze all responses and recommend various strategies to facilitate profits in direct mail activities and maintain budget for all projects.
- Support the Senior Marketing Strategist in the design and implementation of integrated marketing strategies across multiple communication channels.
- Collaborates across the marketing and communications team to ensure the right resources are utilized to get the best results.
- Consults on direct response initiatives across the agency, recommending optimal strategies.
- Develop direct marketing strategies and recommendation on how to measure important KPI’s for success.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
3+ years of direct marketing experience required.
- Must have experience managing direct mail and email campaigns, as well as purchasing lists.
- Excellent understanding of direct marketing concepts and metrics.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Requires strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively within all levels of the creative and marketing team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Strong skills in Excel required.
- Professional work ethic and a team player.
- Must demonstrate initiative and proactivity in seeking new opportunities and solutions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture.
How to Apply
2020 marked 40 years of marketing expertise for Strategic America and we are looking forward to an even better 2021 full of client smiles, too many Wendy’s cups and business cards to count, and who knows how many lives saved through our charitable work in the community. We offer an outstanding benefit package, which includes a generous 401(k) company match. So, if you are seeking an excellent opportunity to join a company with a great company culture, please click “Apply Now” and submit your resume and cover letter.
SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer