Do you seek a creative environment filled with talented people who care about the work they’re doing? Are you wanting to work and grow with a fast-growing company looking to make a difference? Strategic America is that kind of place, and we’re hiring.
Strategic America, a leading Des Moines-based integrated marketing agency, is seeking a talented wordsmith with a passion for creating head-turning concepts for a wide range of regional and national brands. If you’re a highly creative, motivated copywriter with a great portfolio, we may have the job for you.
Our creative department is looking for someone who thinks creatively and is passionate about the craft of writing. Someone who can crank out big ideas and tell stories in a fresh way. The responsibilities include copy writing for all channels—everything from broadcast, social posts and direct mail to creative scripts for short films, and full brand campaigns. At Strategic America, we understand that our value rests in the potential of our people. We enjoy what we do and enjoy working as one team. Joining the talent at Strategic America means working with about 100 people who meet challenges head-on, combining traditional disciplines with new and innovative approaches. We find that we reach beyond traditional thinking with ideas that break boundaries because our client’s success is what motivates us.
Our mission statement is to “find a better way always.” We continually look for a better way of doing things to ensure our marketing solutions move the needle.
SA had the distinction of being named a 2016 BBB Torch Award winner for ethics in the workplace. We also offer an outstanding benefit package, which includes a generous 401(k) company match. SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to kick out wicked headlines and copy under pressure.
- Proven track record of delivering compelling concepts within fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a creative director, art director and/or designer as a team.
- Demonstrates ability to create effective campaigns through multiple channels: print, digital, video and social media for both brand awareness and direct marketing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Support and contribute to creative thinking throughout the agency with a collaborative team approach
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete projects according to deadline.
- High level of interpersonal skills to foster teamwork, commitment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurately records time on a weekly basis.
- Maintains positive environment by actively supporting and promoting department and company objectives.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, creative writing, journalism or English.
- 0-2 plus years of ad agency copy writing experience.
- Quality writing samples or portfolio
- Knowledge of tactical and creative writing basics
- Strong attention to detail and keen organizational skills
How to Apply
Strategic America had the distinction of being named a 2016 BBB Torch Award winner for ethics in the workplace. We offer an outstanding benefit package, which includes a generous 401(k) company match. SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. So, if you are seeking an excellent opportunity to join a company with a great company culture, please click “Apply Now” and submit your resume and cover letter.