The assistant account manager at Strategic America provides assistance and support to members of the Client Services Department, their assigned account teams and other teams (as needed) in their efforts to serve the Clients’ needs in a responsive, efficient, effective and accurate manner and encourages Client confidence in Agency performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and follows all agency procedures:
- Opens, tracks, monitors, guides and closes all jobs for their assigned Clients through account service, creative, media, digital and PR.
- Drafts and distributes detailed, clear and accurate job requests, change orders and creative mark-ups for all disciplines above
- Works on multiple Clients and/or projects simultaneously while meeting Client, Team and Agency needs and expectations.
- Accurately records time on a weekly basis
- Communicates effectively in both a verbal and written manner; proofing work of oneself and others
- Communicates accurate information with Clients and team members on timely basis in a clear and concise manner.
- Compile and deliver comprehensive and accurate meeting notes, internal presentations, data/excel reports, Client requests, etc.
- Begin to understand and diagnose Client’s needs and effectively communicate them back to both the Client and Agency Team
- Proactively participates and offers relevant and thoughtful input during Client and Agency Team meetings
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate and present to a larger group, in person and via WebEx
Account Management & Accountability
- Take responsibility of projects by managing the day-to-day operations of projects directed by Account Manager/Supervisor
- Assist and develop schedules and complete timelines for projects that balances client and agency/interdepartmental needs.
- Recognize implications and consider next steps during meetings, conversations or whenever project parameters change.
- Take ownership for team communication; keep entire team informed of project status and/or changes.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date notes regarding all Client communication
- Shows attention to detail in project management; ensure team’s action items are completed.
- Maintain a high level of organization for all projects on assigned account(s).
- Familiar with basic functions of SA Client Management System(s) with the ability to pull, analyze and utilize information for Client or Account Team
- Utilize appropriate agency resources as needed to complete work for the client.
- Respond quickly and effectively to Client and Agency Team questions, requests and needs.
- Build strong, flexible relationships and establish credibility and win confidence to broaden network.
- Build deeper understanding of the client’s business and industry.
- Provides and understands media strategies and recommendations while working within a budget
- Present and provide counsel for recommended SA media, creative, digital and PR strategies
- Collaborate with Account Manager/Supervisor to assist with strategic planning and direction on assigned accounts
- Maintain accurate financial records under the direction of Account Manager/Supervisor
- Remain alert to new opportunities to grow the business.
- Understand the key drivers of account profitability
- Understand agency value-added services and communicate as appropriate
- Participate in the development and administration of Clients budgets
- Submit and review estimates to ensure accuracy and appropriate application of rates, mark-ups, etc. as outlined in Clients SOW for approval by Account Manager/Supervisor
- Schedule, plan, prep and execute internal & external meetings, including ordering and setting up refreshments & needed materials
- Accept constructive criticism objectively and admit mistakes when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a teamwork attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
- 2+ years of Agency account coordination, marketing or related experience
- Proven ability to communicate marketing strategies and recommendations
- Basic understanding and administration of budgets and financials
- Proven excellence in verbal phone communication
- Proven ability to resolve difficult situations quickly and tactfully
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete projects according to deadline
- Microsoft Office Suite – emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Flexible – ability to shift gears easily
- Self-starter – proven ability to anticipate needs and act without direction
How to Apply
Strategic America is an integrated marketing services company that creates performance solutions for our clients. That includes offering strategic branding, creative, media placement, public relations, digital, data/analytics, and field marketing services for a growing list of clients.
SA had the distinction of being named a 2016 BBB Torch Award winner for ethics in the workplace. We also offer an outstanding benefit package, which includes a generous 401(k) company match. SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.