We get to work with a lot of fun clients here at SA. One of many we’re excited about is the 2014 Des Moines Home + Garden Show, Des Moines’ oldest and largest home show, which is coming up this week. Although the Show has been around for 36 years, 2013 marks our first year working on the event. So here is our shameless plug!
If you are looking to take your mind off of winter and get ready for the warmer months, the Des Moines Home + Garden Show will do just that. The event will be jam-packed with celebrities, vendors and inspiration for your home and garden.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Learn from the best in the field—Ty Pennington of ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Frank Fritz of American Pickers and Jeff Holper—aka The Mole Hunter—will make appearances to share their expertise on everything from home design to ridding your lawn of unwanted guests.
- Learn the ways of straw bale gardening from Joel Karsten. No soil, no weeds, just a ton of fruits and veggies. It’s a win-win!
- Operation Space Life—Transform your living space with a Space Lift! Talk one-on-one with Hal Davis of Room Service Distinctive Interiors and interior designer for HGTV’s West End Salvage show. He will answer questions on how to reuse items you already have in your home to achieve an updated designer look that fits your style.
- Take a stroll with 500 butterflies in the Butterfly Garden and enjoy beautifully designed featured gardens. You’ll find landscaping inspiration and learn how to attract butterflies to your own garden.
- Turn a white room pink and participate in the Pink Ribbon Room Challenge. Whether you are a cancer survivor or you want to honor a friend or family member, you’ll have the chance to put your sticker up and show your support. The Show will also accept freewill donations that will be given to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- A freewill donation will earn you a pink ribbon to stick on the wall in support of breast cancer awareness and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- “Stuff the Bus” with a nonperishable food donation for the Food Bank of Iowa and you’ll receive a packet of seeds to plant and “Grow a Row” in your own garden. After harvesting produce, guests will be encouraged to donate the fresh produce back to the Food Bank.
It’s the time of year when we start thinking about our home and garden projects, so why not take advantage of the hundreds of experts available at the Des Moines Home + Garden Show. Join us February 6–9 at the Iowa Events Center in downtown Des Moines!